1. I love this tiny baby! She’s ridiculously cute, and she already has a big personality! She started grinning at us when she was 5 or 6 days old. It’s adorable. She’s so happy and content, except when her little belly hurts — but, I’ve been completely off of dairy for a few days now, and her spitting up has already significantly decreased. I don’t buy into the whole “oh, your baby just has colic and/or acid reflux — it’ll go away by the time they’re 4 months old — there’s nothing you can do about it” way of thinking. If a baby is spitting up (more than just the little that sometimes comes with burping after gulping too much air) or has gas, then they are ingesting something that bothers them! And I am determined to find out what it is and eliminate it from my diet! Anyway, Vega is amazing, and I cannot believe she is already 18 days old!!!
2. I have a reeeaaalllly long to-do list, but I haven’t been able to put any kind of dent in it. I was taking Vicodin/Tylenol and sometimes-Motrin for the last bit of pregnancy (doctor-prescribed for excruciating pain & headaches, so that I could function & sleep… and just fyi, I don’t take drugs during pregnancy lightly!), and for the after-pains that get much worse after each child, and I stopped taking it a few days back after decreasing the dose for a while before that. Anyway, the narcotic withdrawals haven’t been fun. I’m hoping they stop soon.
3. Speaking of drugs, I had my follow-up with the neurologist the other day (for my daily tension headaches & weekly migraines). Since I love ‘natural’, he referred me to a physical therapist and also to an acupuncturist. I’m not gonna lie, I’m a little nervous about acupuncture – but also excited to try it.
4. Britta has returned from Ethiopia! It’s good to have her back, and her siblings have been demanding constant attention from her.
5. Justice gets his drivers license next week – finally! I’m so excited!!
6. Andrew has been off work since before Vega was born, and he still has nearly a week to go! It has been great having him home every day. It’s gonna suck when he’s got to return to work!
7. And since it has taken nearly an hour and on to just type this much – I’m going to post a pic & hit publish…